Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Glory Days

I just wanted to share this picture of my wonderful Christmas present from Best Husband Ever.  I searched around on the internet and found a couple of photos of Nox from a race he won in NJ in 2010.  Best Husband Ever contacted the photographers and purchased a few of the prints and had them mounted for me.  Nox's racing colors (called "silks") were green and yellow.  There is a brass plaque on the bottom that says "Nox - Evenings End" on it.  We have it hanging up in the living room and I love looking at it.  In the bottom photo, you can see Nox's tongue hanging out the side of his mouth!


Nox winning a race in NJ, 2010.
 If you'd like to see the rest of the photos, click on this link: Nox (Evenings End) Racing photos 

Photos 1-6 are of Nox (the last three photos are different horse).  The first picture of the trainer and owner and their families celebrating in the winner's circle with Nox makes me a little sad.  I realize that horse racing is a business and if the horse can't run, he can't make money - but come on!  How could someone let such an amazing horse go?  I'm grateful they did, or he wouldn't be mine now, but do any of those people wonder where their winning horse is now? 

I'm also amused by the picture of Nox stumbling out of the gate.  He's all the way down at the far end of the line of horses, with his nose almost on the ground.  I guess he's always been a klutz!  And he still won the race, despite the stumble!

Its fun to see these pictures of his life before he came to me, but I'm so glad that he's mine now.  I'm very lucky.

2 comments:

  1. I'm usually against flying in the face of nature, but I'd support the cloning of Best Husband Ever. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. The world would better with a few more of him in it.

      Delete