Monday, July 15, 2013

Lazy summer days

Sorry about the long break from posting, folks.  It's been so hot and humid, and I've been staying a little longer at the barn to give Nox the benefit of grazing in his pasture in the cooler evening temperatures.  By the time I get home to feed Moose and myself, I'm ready for a shower and the air-conditioned bedroom.

Nox is so much happier now that he's outside during the day.  He's mellow, relaxed, and easy to handle.  Thankfully, he is also still happy to see me.  It occurred to me that he nickers excitedly when I whistle to him in the barn every day because he knows I'll take him out of his stall.  I wondered how he would react to my arrival whistle when he was out in the grassy pasture - would he run away from me, not wanting to work?  Nope.  My whistle elicits the same joyous nicker from him as he trots over to the gate to meet me.  That makes me very happy.

The sunshine has flecked his chocolate brown coat with gold dapples that I find absolutely mesmerizing.  I could look at him all day.  On the weekends, I do just that.  I love summer.

Nox enjoys his summer days outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment