Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Working hard...

I rode Nox every day before I left town to help my cousin Stef throw my sister a baby shower in California.  We worked hard and I even set up a tiny cross rail jump to take him over.  Remember how afraid of the poles he used to be?  Nox will now walk over any pole, even when it is set up as a jump, as lazily as he possibly can.  He barely picks his feet up and will hit every leg on the way over.  I don't mind at this point.  As long as he gets over the pole, I'm happy.  As he gets better, I'll push for less clumsiness.

Nox used to be upset with me if I left him alone for more than one day.  He'd pretend that he didn't know who I was when I returned and misbehave terribly.  I really think that it hurt his feelings when I left him.  He's much better these days.  It helps that he's out in the pasture during the day and not cooped up in his stall, and Best Husband Ever takes excellent care of him while I'm gone.  When I came back this time after being away for three days, we didn't miss a beat.  I tacked him up and we rode with Amanda and Georgia today and he was very well behaved and moved with energy.  Now that I'm riding him and pushing him, he is actually feeling better lameness-wise.  He's still short-stepping a little, but there is noticeable improvement.  Allison was right. 

Here are a few pictures from today taken by Best Husband Ever:

I just love him to pieces.

Doesn't he look nice all tacked up? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment