Sunday, September 21, 2014

Showing off

I'm mentally preparing myself for the inevitable stall rest recommendation that I'm 99.9% sure will be coming on Wednesday.  I'm noticing that Nox is spending much of his time standing in his stall anyway, since he likes to play with his neighbors and escape the flies, so I'm really hoping he won't mind being closed off from his paddock.  It also appears that Nox and his neighbors are starting band.  Nox is learning to play the chain (video by Best Husband Ever):



In the meantime, while Nox continues his recovery and band practice, I have plenty of horses to ride at the new barn.  A grey mare named Ellie has recovered from an injury and illness and she's ready to be worked again, so I've been lunging her and will start riding her today (weather depending - it's raining as I type).  Another boarder has offered her horse for me to ride, as she wants him to get more exercise.  I'm also still working with Baya, who is for sale.  Baya is a very special horse and Penny wants her to go to a very good home, so she is priced high.  She has so much potential, she is easy to ride and handle, and she performed so well at her first show this past summer.  There was a professional photographer at the show and he took some great pictures of Baya and I:




This is my favorite photo.  I love the tail swish.

No comments:

Post a Comment