Thursday, March 14, 2013

The grooming and circles continue...

I haven't written lately because not much has changed since the last post!

I can't believe that Nox isn't bald by now.  Every day I curry him and there is so much hair coming out that his stall floor looks like I've shaved him.  It's been warmer the past few days and I've been leaving his blanket off, but tonight the temperature is falling back into the teens.  Since Nox has lost most of his winter coat, the blanket has to go back on.

Last Saturday, we really worked hard.  He was moving so well and had energy to spare.  After 30 minutes of free lunging, I rode him for another 20 minutes.  Nox was a little sore the next day, so he's been on "light duty" since.  I lunged him tonight and he looked much better, but again had more energy than he knew how to handle.  Nox was bucking and snorting and trying to cut into the circle.  He can be such a stinker when he doesn't get enough exercise.  He has, however, learned how to lunge to the right without any hesitation or resistance.  I've posted a video of him walking in a circle to the right.  It may not seem that impressive, but considering it's taken me a few months to get him to walk this calmly in this direction, I consider it a major accomplishment!





  

No comments:

Post a Comment