Sunday, June 23, 2013

Nox has visitors

Last week, I had some family visit!  Nana and Aunt Deneece began their east coast tour in my town before continuing on to New York City and then Washington, DC.  How do I compete with the excitement of Broadway and the National Mall?  A Thousand Islands boat tour and a visit to the barn to meet Nox!  Despite the near constant drizzly rain, we had a wonderful time laughing, sight-seeing, and eating.  

Nox enjoys people and especially those who dote and fawn all over him.  Aunt Deneece and Nana helped me brush him until his coat glistened and then watched as I did a short free lunge session with him in the indoor ring.  Remember how afraid he used to be of the poles?  When I lunge him I want him to run around the outside of them, but this time he cantered over every one of them.  He was a little peeved that I didn't take him outside to work (he moves more comfortably in the larger outdoor ring), but the outdoor ring was flooded from all the rain.  He threw a few little temper tantrums - animals and kids always show off when they have an audience.  Aunt Deneece recorded his antics, but I'm having trouble uploading the video - technical difficulties.  I'll post the video when I can. 

Thanks for visiting Nana and Aunt Deneece!  We all loved seeing you!

Nana, Aunt Deneece, Nox, and I.




1 comment:

  1. Sorry to post comment so late! We LOVED our visit! You and Best Husband Ever are the perfect tour guides, and we adored Nox and Moose! Can't wait to come visit again! Love you!

    ReplyDelete