Thursday, May 9, 2013

Yard Work

Today was a light day for Nox, so I walked him around the ring for a bit and then I took him out into the grassy area to graze.  The stable owners had just mowed the grass and there were fresh grass clippings everywhere.  Nox loves grass clippings.  It's less work for him to sweep the loose grass into his mouth with his lips than it is to tear the grass out with his teeth and tongue.  I think it's funny to watch him graze on grass clippings and it makes me think how nice it would be to have him clean up all the clippings at our house - my pet peeve is when grass gets tracked into the house after Best Husband Ever mows.  Nox could solve that issue every week if I could keep him at home.  Below is a video of him grazing:


I took a picture of him in the sunshine because his coat looks so shiny and healthy!  I love his color.  If anyone is wondering, the thing he is wearing on his face is a fly mask.  It keeps the bugs out of his eyes.

Nox's color is called "bay" - brown body with black legs, mane, and tail.
When I arrived at home, Best Husband Ever was finishing up yard work of his own. He had mowed the lawn and was about to burn the pile of branches and sticks that fell off our trees over the winter and spring.  Burning sticks in a burn barrel is the next best thing to a campfire, so...

S'mores, anyone?
If I had a motto, it might be: "Never pass up an opportunity to make s'mores."



No comments:

Post a Comment