Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Rub a Dub Dub!

The weather is warm, it feels like summer, and I finally get to give Nox a bath!  Best Husband Ever (BHE) had a rare Sunday off, so he was available to help me.  We arrived at the barn at noon and I worked Nox out in the ring and let him roll in the dust and dirt to his heart's content.  It's been about 6 months since he had a bath and despite daily grooming sessions, he was pretty dirty.  His mane in particular was a little grimy at the base, and I really wanted to shampoo and condition his mane and tail.

BHE held the lead rope as Nox grazed on the green grass, while I sprayed, soaped, scrubbed, and rinsed.  Nox likes the water and he loves being scrubbed and scratched, so bath time is an enjoyable experience for all.  He likes to nibble on the hose and play with the spray, and he'll even drink from the hose! 

After the final rinse, BHE let Nox graze and dry off in the sunshine.  Nox and BHE get along well and I like watching them together - my handsome husband and beautiful horse.  I am a VERY lucky girl.


Nox enjoying the soapy scrub.
 


Refreshing!


Why does water always taste so good straight out of the hose?

No comments:

Post a Comment