Monday, October 22, 2012

Birthday wishes

I adopted Nox in June, and so he isn't actually my birthday present.  But honestly, every day that I walk inside the barn and see this beautiful horse looking expectantly for me and nickering softly when he sees me, I feel like it's my birthday and Christmas and Easter and Valentine's Day.

Tonight, Best Husband Ever told me to make a wish before blowing out my candles, and I said, "But all of my wishes have come true."  This is the first year since I was five years old that I did not have to wish for a horse on my birthday. 

Thankfully, it turns out that telling people what you wished for doesn't doom that wish from coming true - I told everyone who would listen about my horse wishes! 

So, I can safely tell you what I wished for this year: 

World Peace.

It took about thirty years to get the horse.  Hopefully, the peace will come sooner.


Best...

Present...
Ever!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beauty ... you of course but Nox too. Love the stories baby - keep writing 'em.

    ReplyDelete